TDOT Multimodal – Memphis Signals
As part of an-going contract with TDOT, CSR Engineering performed a safety review (DTR) with a multi-faceted team of engineers and local stakeholders in Memphis. This particular City had approximately 11 locations for safety improvements with roadway/railroad grade crossings.
Five of these crossings included both rail and roadway signalization. With the field review and reports complete, CSR is now working on behalf of the City through TDOT to complete designs and construction administration on these five signal upgrades. These 5 signal projects are very complex and within high-volume traffic areas in downtown Memphis and include the following details:
- Upgrade to all signal controllers, cabinets and wiring
- New battery backup options
- Rigid Mast arm mounts vs. existing span wires
- Traffic counts, analysis and updated timing
- Preemption coordination and timing with railroad
- All LED upgraded signal heads
- New lane striping and MUTCD signage
- City of Memphis and TDOT compliance
Once design is complete, CSR is also planned to assist the City with bidding, award and contracting. Construction Engineering and Inspection is also included in the planned tasks and will complete through project closeout and reimbursement through TDOT’s Multimodal, Section 130 Program.